16 Nov Baseball Batting Drills
Front toss hitting drill builds the foundation for a power swing.
Expert Bat Speed Hitting Tips
#HittingTips hitlasers.com/baseball-batting-drills/ Front toss #hitting drill builds the foundation for a power #BaseballSwing. #BaseballTraining #BaseballWorkout #BaseballPosted by Hit Lasers on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Front toss batting drill improves hitting the ball in multiple locations. Front toss hitting drill, is great for developing your hitting approach, aiming to hit the baseball up the middle of the batting cage; coaching to keep the front side closed.
Baseball Batting Tips For Players
Laser Blast Front Toss
- Spread out in your batting stance, a few inches past shoulder width, and in a straight line
- Both feet pointing slightly in with your weight on the inside balls of your feet (pinch your knees slightly into each other). Correct weight distribution helps to stay balanced and to stay back
- Relax your arms, shoulders, and hands
- Focus on seeing the ball before and after it releases from the coaches hand
- Visualize rotating your back foot from your hips, avoid rotating your back foot from your knee
- Focus on executing an explosive burst with your hips, imagine your arms are just along for the ride and your hips are doing all the work
- Load with a steady inward movement of the front knee and avoid putting too much weight on your back foot
- Make sure to keep your head down, even after contact is made
- Aim to hit a hard line drive up the middle or to the opposite field
- If you hit a ground ball, pop-up, or swing and miss; figure out how to make swing adjustments in time for the next swing
- Take your time, take a few swings, stepping in and out of the batter’s box, working on your game day routine
FRONT TOSS DRILL
BASEBALL BATTING TIPS FOR COACHES
FRONT TOSS BATTING TIP 1 – SAFETY FIRST
Set up approximately 15 to 20 in front of home plate, coaches ensure to get behind the pitching screen, especially after the ball is tossed. If you’re tossing to power hitters, we recommend to wear a helmet.
FRONT TOSS BATTING TIP 2 – FOCUS IS UP THE MIDDLE
Focus on hitting the baseball straight back at the screen or to the opposite side of the cage, depending on pitch location.
FRONT TOSS BATTING TIP 3 – TOSS THE BALL FLAT TO REPLICATE A FASTBALL
Toss the ball faster and flatter, without being too forceful with the delivery, to improve reaction time hitting a fastball.
FRONT TOSS BATTING TIP 4 – TOSS THE BALL IN ALL LOCATIONS
Toss the ball in all locations, outside, inside, up, down, deep, and extended. If you’re having problems with a location, continue to toss the ball their until you make the necessary swing adjustments.
FRONT TOSS BATTING TIP 5 – REPLICATE OFF-SPEED PITCHES BY VARYING THE ARC
Front toss is an excellent hitting drill for replicating off-speed pitches, for example; change-ups, sliders and curveballs are replicated by reducing the speed, arc, and angle of your toss.
FRONT TOSS BATTING TIP 6 – WORK ON TIMING & TRACK THE BASEBALL
As the coach starts his backward arm motion, start your swing load, improving your game day timing mechanisms. Once in a while, the hitting coach can hold the ball, after the backward motion, checking on load mechanics.
FRONT TOSS BATTING TIP 7 – HIT UNTIL YOU CAN’T HIT NO MORE
Front toss, allows for a high volume of quality swings, in a short amount of time. Additionally, coaches find it easier to locate the ball in the strike zone, opposed to overarm batting practice.