Hitting Stance Adjustments
All hitting methods fall under the top level category of time, and distance, more specifically; distance from your body at contact. Your swing path is dependant on pitch location, velocity, and movement. High, low, extended, deep, inside, outside; ball dropping, sliding, and so on. Additionally, your reaction time, body type, swing movement, and style. Therefore, distance and the time it takes to get to the action point is the top-level category for hitting, superseding the subcategory mechanics; for the importance of the event.
Fastball #Hitting 101 Automatic #HittingMechanics - Maintaining balance in the batter's box, coaching an athletic stance https://hitlasers.com/step-1/ Presented by #ClintonBalgera - Inventor of #Exoprecise the driving force behind the #LaserPowerST - Founder #MultiSwingMethod See more https://hitlasers.com/hitting-tips/methods/Posted by Hit Lasers on Monday, February 11, 2019
Fastball #Hitting 101. Automatic #HittingMechanics - Reducing upper body tension to increase #BatSpeed. https://hitlasers.com/baseball-hitting-stance/ Presented by #ClintonBalgera - Inventor of #Exoprecise the driving force behind the #LaserPowerST - Founder #MultiSwingMethod hitlasers.com/hitting-tips/methods/Posted by Hit Lasers on Monday, February 11, 2019
Compact Batting Stance
- Minimize swing movement, facing a dominant fastball pitcher. Movement in your stance, load, stride, and swing separation such as a high leg kick, raising your back elbow, and using bigger stride; the more time it takes getting your barrel to the ball.
- Lower your elbow, anticipating a dominant fastball. A shorter stride works with a lower back elbow, compact swing path, and contact closer to your body
- Set up in a hitting stance to engage the core muscles of your inner thigh and glutes; avoid disengaging your core by pushing your knees over your toes.
- Avoid “muscling up” with your arms, and shoulders; relax your grip, removing tension from your upper body.
- Close your mind and open your eyes, allowing your reflexes take over, you’ll surprise yourself with what you can hit.
- To end a hitting slump, simplify your hitting stance.
Engaging your core muscles
Core Power Hitting Stance Drill
Elongated Batting Stance
- Raise your back elbow, anticipating a slow-moving pitch, for example Facing below average pitchers: in “aggressive hitting counts; for example, three balls and one strike.
- Raising your back elbow works with an elongated swing; bigger stride, swing extension, hitting the ball out in front.
- Engage your core muscles, using a narrow stance.