25 Feb Pitch Recognition Tips
Release Point And Tracking Drill
PURPOSE OF STANDING IN
- Get a look at different types of pitches and their movements – slider, sinker, curve, change, knuckle, split finger, 2 seam fastball and 4 seam fastball.
- Learn how to focus on both left-handed and right-handed release points and ball movement.
- Tracking – track the baseball out of the pitcher’s hand all the way into the catcher’s glove.
- Teach timing and rhythm importance – load, stride and foot down all controlled on the subconscious level.
- Improve plate discipline.
- Learn how to aggressively take pitches – holding your swing at the last second.
Stand In Drill: Quick Tips
Lock in on the release point and track the ball.
Read the pitch type and location, deciding if it’s a ball or a strike.
Track the ball all the way into the glove.