25 Feb Laser Whip Overview
LASER STRAP DRILL TYPE: LASER WHIP
SET UP: BACK ARM INSIDE YOUR LASER STRAP, RAISED BACK ELBOW
GUIDES YOU TO POWERFUL EXTENSION, FOR EVERY SWING
Place your back arm inside our power hitting aid, raising your back elbow, creating a “Laser Whip” of bat speed for powerful extension.
PART 1: STANDARD LASER WHIP
RESISTANCE LEVEL: MEDIUM
WORKS FOR ALL SWING METHODS, SIMPLE TO USE WITH ANY DRILL
Whether you use a one, or two hand swing follow through, youth player, or professional; you’ll gain fast results with Standard Laser Whip drills. Incorporate our Laser Power Swing Trainer into your current hitting program, or follow our free access beginner, and advanced training guides.
- Boost bat speed, while resistance keeps your hands inside the ball.
- Improve follow through swing mechanics, giving speed and strength for staying through the ball.
- Improve “sitting-on-your-pitch,” or “guess-hitting.”
- Hitting in “aggressive swing batting counts,” for example, 3 balls and 1 strike.
- Hitting mistake pitches for power, for example, a “hanging” slider.
PART 2: TOP-HAND RELEASE LASER WHIP
RESISTANCE SETTING: MEDIUM
SWING ADJUSTMENT: Release the top/trail-hand on your swing follow through
- Isolating, and improving your bottom/lead-hand hand strength, and mechanics.
- Hitting “low-and-outside” pitches, for example, a “hard-late-breaking” slider.
- Hitting “low-and-in-front” pitches, for example, a low change-up, or “low-and-inside” slider.
- Improves 2-strike hitting.
- Balancing the power of your swing, useful for top/trail hand dominant hitters, for example, right-hit/right-throw; bottom hand mechanics are critical for hitting low, and extended pitch locations.
Video: Example of Advanced Laser Whip, using a top-hand release follow through.