Why you need to practice this hitting drill
Increase your power, gain confidence to hit an inside fastball and improve your game-day hitting
- If you can’t hit the inside pitch opposition teams will eventually exploit your weakness.
- When you fail to practice a short baseball swing, you will have a long and slow baseball swing in a game.
- Not being able to keep your hands inside the baseball will make it virtually impossible to hit the inside fastball.
- When you’re able to successfully practice hands inside the baseball drills where you hit the ball deep in the contact zone, this will transfer to game-day confidence.
- Lacking the confidence to hit the inside fastball will trigger some of the most common hitting mistakes such as pulling off the baseball, lunging out at the ball and rushing your swing.