In this session your are working on clearing your mind and opening your eyes, using three colored balls, identifying, and calling out the color as you pick up the release point.
Train to pick up a wide variety of pitcher release points. Right-handed, left-handed, side-arm, 3/4 and over the top release points
Close your mind and open your eyes. Master the best game day hitting strategy to think with your eyes and not your mind.
Reduce strikeouts, pulling off the ball, lunging at the ball and other hitting mistakes caused by failure to see the pitcher's release point
Why is Seeing the Pitcher’s Release Point so Important?
1. Prevents “rushing your swing,” as your mind and body compensates when you can’t see the ball.
2. Improves your pitch recognition.
3. Crucial for contact accuracy, reducing “getting jammed” or “hitting the ball off the end of the bat.”
4. Failure to see the ball adds, “perceived velocity;” to a fastball.
5. Allows you to “read and react” to “late-breaking” pitches.
- HITTING DRILLS ARE FUTILE UNLESS YOU HAVE AN EFFECTIVE GAME-DAY STRATEGY
- ARGUABLY SEEING THE BASEBALL AND CLEARING THE MIND IS THE MOST IMPORTANT HITTING SKILL TO MASTER
- TRAIN DIFFERENT RELEASE POINTS
- TAKE CHARGE IN THE BOX
- USE SOFT AND HARD FOCUS
- WORK ON YOUR TIMING IN THE BOX
- PICKING UP VARIATIONS OF DELIVERY
- LETTING THE EYES THINK FOR YOU. “CLOSE YOUR MIND AND OPEN YOUR EYES”
- BE READY FOR ANYTHING TRICKS THE PITCHER MAY HAVE UP HIS SLEEVE
- MINIMIZING MARGIN FOR ERROR
- COME GAME-DAY PREPARE IN THE DUGOUT AND THE ON DECK CIRCLE
- LET YOUR SWING “RUN ON AUTOPILOT”