ADVANCED TOP HAND DRILL
Disciplined pull-hitting drill for advanced hitters
- Level: Advanced hitting.
- Drill Type: Front Toss
- Laser Power Swing Trainer Set Up: Laser Beam (top-hand isolation).
- Bat: Heavy Training Bat.
- Purpose: Train mechanics for “up-and-inside” fastball where the ball is up on you quick, and you’ve minimal time to react.
- Objective: Pull the ball, however, keep it in fair territory.
- Problem: Player rolled over trying to hit the pitch up the middle.
- Adjustment: Instead of trying to hit the ball up the middle he focused on, disciplined pull-side power hitting.
- Contact Depth: Deep.
- Contact Height: Above the belt.
- Swing Path: Short, and flat, whipping around your body like nunchucks.