Summary: Video Transcript
- Stride, rotate, maintain the balance, avoid collapsing on your front leg; lock it up at contact.
- Collapsing on the front leg/lunging moves your head, disrupting vision, reduces power; triggering the “roll over,” and “pop-up.”
- Proper rotation, frees the upper body to extend, hitting the challenging pitch locations for power.
- Track the ball, and stay in your legs, keeping the head in your center of gravity, extending your arms to the ball.
- Releasing the top-hand, feeling pressure on your rear shoulder, accommodating the extra-reach.
Hybrid Mechanics, using the top hand release; and Laser Whip drills, accommodating to the plate coverage; critical for 2-strike hitting, making adjustments, recovering after being fooled by the pitch.