To fix a long swing try the Triggered BP drill, using our Exoprecise hitting trainers; reducing the size to increase the forces, coaching to track the ball longer, making contact closer to your body, “blasting” with the core muscles.
- Reset, step out of the batter’s box and step back in.
- Your focal point is the opposite field. As I drop my arm turn your front knee in; as I raise my arm stride, and plant your front foot as I release the ball.
- I don’t care if you get jammed on an inside fastball; I want you to try hit it.
- You’re over-swinging, keep your head down, and focus on the hats after contact.
- Step out and reset, when you swing at a bad pitch, out of the strike zone.
- Make sure you stride, and plant your foot on the inside balls of your feet; don’t plant of the tip of your toes.
- Get your foot down, and track the ball; if it is not a strike; don’t swing.
- Don’t over-swing, track the ball, make contact closer to your body; nice and easy swing and hit it up the middle.