07 Sep Coaching Proper Swing Mechanics
FIXING BAD SWING HABITS
BASEBALL SWING TRAINER FOR YOUTH PLAYERS
During the growth transition period of 14-18 years, players require a strategy to adjust their swing to their changing body. Their minds and body are accustomed to reaching for the ball with weaker extremity muscles. Our baseball swing trainer improves muscle strength, bat speed, and hitting mechanics; undoing bad habits.
Our real time results speak for themselves, youth players struggle at first, but all make the critical adjustments to progress! Thus begins the process of “power hitting muscle memory.”
- Name: Laser Reflex
- Setting: Reduce the size to increase the Exoprecise forces.
- Bat: Heavy for advanced players, Laser Pro.
- Contact: Closer to your body.
- Purpose: Training skills necessary for success against powerful, and accurate pitchers, with an arsenal of secondary pitch types, for example; hard and late breaking slider, or split finger fastball.
Beginner Hitting Tips
- If you rush, and reach your swing, you’ll hit a weak pull-side ground ball, opposite field pop up or swing and miss.
- You can fix 70% of mistakes simply by using our baseball swing trainer, and track the ball as it releases from the coaches hand to at least 3/4 way down toward home plate. Our power hitting aid gives you time to hit, use it to your advantage and you’ll improve your batter’s eye, bat speed, and power.
- Generate power from your stronger core muscles, as opposed to using the weaker muscles of your arms and shoulders. COACHES! Watch your players from side-on. Your back foot is a key indicator of the Kinetic Chain (big muscles fire first and small follow). Check the back foot is spinning fast and on the toes. To achieve this motion, you’re required to turn your back foot from your core muscles and hip (enabling your kinetic chain), as opposed to turning your back foot from your knee (disengaging your kinetic chain).
- Don’t try to pull the ball down the line. Focus up the middle or outfield gaps, helping to stay back and keep the ball in fair territory.
- Minimize head movement at contact and follow through. Jerky head movement indicates over swinging, pull hitting approach, or predetermining an unnatural high lift on your follow through; triggering your back shoulder to hyper extend and knock your chin.
- Don’t think! Your subconscious triggers your reflexes, processing information faster than your conscious mind. Overthinking interrupts this process, shut down your mind and open your eyes to trigger your lightning reflexes. You’ll need this skill when facing the best pitchers. Once your mind adjusts, and you crush a few balls, skills quickly progress.
Laser Reflex drills reduce the influence of non-essential hitting muscles, including your front deltoids and biceps. Leaving your lower core muscles free to develop and thrive. Opposite, are devices restricting your lower core/hips, leaving your arms free to trigger disengagement of your kinetic chain. Our proven method to improve lower core mechanics, commonly known as swinging with your hips; is to encourage your core muscles to dominate your swing. Though our baseball swing trainer appears only to be a device for your upper body, additionally it’s the best way to improve lower core mechanics. Aside from the upper body benefits of speed and strength in smaller hitting muscles, such as; rear deltoids, and forearms.
Spread out in your batting stance, a few inches past shoulder width. Make sure your weight is on the inside balls of your feet. Start your swing load with a lift and in-turn of your front knee. Let the ball travel. Don’t commit to your swing too early. Focus on your core, turn your back leg from your hips....14 November, 2016 Coach Snippets