PREPARING YOU FOR THE HARSH REALITIES OF GAME DAY
Training to hit difficult pitch types, and locations; transfers the message to your brain you can hit any pitch. In short, they need to see it to believe it.
One of the best ways to fix a long swing is to train “Triggered Batting Practice,” using our Laser Strap; reducing the size to increase resistance. This combination forces you to track the ball, making contact closer to your body, and “blast” with your body’s powerful core muscles.
TAKING TOO MUCH TRADITIONAL BATTING PRACTICE CREATES BAT SWING HABITS
Laser Strap Triggered Batting Practice Builds Confidence To Hit Better On Game Day
Why is this so important?
If you have self-doubt this reveals itself during your game day at-bats, in the form of “rushing,” and “flying open with the front shoulder;” influenced by your subconscious. Laser Strap, Triggered Batting Practice with a high resistance, forces you to track the ball, making contact closer to your body; building confidence to stay back and “crush” a dominant game day fastball.
PROBLEMS WITH TRADITIONAL BATTING PRACTICE
- Your timing is skewed as the “distance-to-speed” ratio differs to facing a pitcher on the mound.
- Taking 10-20 swings in a short time, causes you to “rush” your swing; triggering “pulling off the ball,” “jumping,” “lunging,” and “reaching.”
- The Inaccuracy of the Batting Practice thrower triggers players to swing at bad pitches; detrimental to plate recognition.
BENEFITS OF TRIGGERED BATTING PRACTICE
- Improves your tempo, the throwing motion is triggered with three steps.
- The pitching screen is closer to home plate, making it easier to throw strikes.
- The “distance-to-speed” ratio replicates game day.
- Improves your swing load mechanisms.
- Trains your swing to “run on autopilot;” useful in “two-strike” and, “see and reach” hitting situations.
- Trains a short, and explosive swing; exposing weaknesses.
- Develops your “up-the-middle,” and “opposite field” hitting approach.
- Teaches release point techniques such as, “close your mind and open your eyes,” focal and target points.
- Reset and clear your mind after a bad swing, maintaining your composure on game day.
- Improve your reaction time, pitch recognition and plate discipline.
- Reduce strikeouts, developing your “two strike” hitting approach.