08 Feb 100 Swing Power Practice Plan
Batting Practice Summary
- 20 Swings – Top Hand Compact Swing Mechanics
- 20 Swings – Bottom Hand Extension Mechanics
- 20 Swings – Laser Blast Compact Swing Mechanics
- 20 Swings – Laser Blast “Hanging” Slider Swing Mechanics
- 20 Swings – Laser Whip Extension Mechanics. Low, Outside; Low, In Front
ADVANCED MULTI-SWING METHOD
TRAINING A COMPLETE POWER HITTER
“All hitting methods fall under the top level category of distance, more specifically; distance from your body at the point of contact. By training mechanics to hit for power in the primary contact areas, you’ll gain the skills to both; bat for a high average, and power home runs to all fields. It’s up to you if you want to follow the Multi-Swing Method, our Laser Power Swing Trainer morphs to your mechanics, therefore you can hit your way.”
Clinton Balgera, Inventor of the Laser Power Swing Trainer
Founder, Multi-Swing Method
PART 1: POWER CONTACT CLOSE TO YOUR BODY
CORE FORCE-DRIVE POWER
LASER STRAP DRILL TYPES: Laser Blast and Laser Beam (Top-Hand Isolation)
Preparing for a dominant fastball, for example, facing an “up-and-inside” +95 mph fastball, with no time to think; less time to react and the ball arrives close to your body in a short amount of time.
Top Hand Side Toss *Optional Heavy Bat
COMPACT SWING MECHANICS
- A hard and flat pitch requires a short and flat swing plane. It’s physically impossible to hit a dominant fastball if you lift on your follow through. Additionally, the task is more challenging finishing with a top-hand release.
- Your back shoulder overextends, raises up and bumps your head off the ball, triggering a “swing and miss” or “pulling off.”
- Overextension of your shoulder triggers your back foot to over-rotate, falling off balance.
Laser Blast Side or Front Toss *Optional Heavy Bat
FOLLOW YOUR NATURAL SWING PLANE
- Keep 2-hands on your bat for your entire swing.
- Maintain a short and flat swing; the higher your contact, the quicker and flatter your swing plane. Do not alter your natural swing plane by lifting after contact.
POWER CONTACT AWAY FROM YOUR BODY
EXTENDED, MOMENTUM-DRIVEN POWER
- Capitalizing on the “Mistake Pitch” for instance; belt-high or above and slower-breaking slider, especially in “aggressive hitting counts.” For example, three balls and one strike.
- Hitting mechanics for when you’re behind in the batting count and facing power pitchers, who locate their secondary pitches. Example, a hard and late-breaking slider on the outside corner of home plate with two strikes.
Laser Linea: Bottom Hand Side Toss, Or Front Toss
Laser Whip Side Toss, or Front Toss
FOLLOW YOUR NATURAL SWING PATH
- Whip your bat to the ball and past contact.
- Elongated and circular swing plane, the angle is more prominent as the distance moves away and lower from your core.
- To reach the outside edges of home plate, release your top when you feel pressure on your back shoulder. Anatomically, your bottom hand has a more reach; keeping two-hands on your bat, the top-hand triggers, “pulling off,” resulting in a ground ball, pop-up or strikeout.
HITTING A LATE BREAKING PITCH
Combining Laser Blast and Laser Whip methods you possess the skills for core power, bat speed, and extension to react, adjust and hit late-breaking pitches. Use your Laser Blast method to generate the speed required for creating momentum (Laser Whip) to hit for power further away from your body.
HIT ALL PITCH LOCATIONS FOR POWER
Whichever sequence of drills you decide, for the final round of your session, wear your hitting aid around your waist. Work on hitting multiple locations, allow your coach to mix inside, outside, high, and low. Avoid predetermining your swing path or guessing, and the coach decides where to spot the ball, “close your mind and open your eyes;” allowing your natural swing to dominate. After a few weeks of Laser Power Swing Trainer training your instincts and reflexes take over, and you’ll surprise yourself with what you can hit.
Standard Side Toss, or Front Toss
You now possess the skills to hit the hardest pitch locations, everything in between is easy. Laser Power Swing Trainer training gives you the skills to identify and capitalize on a pitcher’s mistake. Receiving a belt-high “mistake pitch” will look like a beach ball. Without over-thinking or over-swinging you’ll “blast and whip” a 500 foot “Laser Home Run.”
Cold Cut Combo With Extra Cheese
Cold Cut Combo With Extra Cheese Round 1: Heavy Bat Laser Blast with a side of Deep Contact Isolation; 2-hand Finish (optional extra) Round 2: Regular Bat Laser Whip with a side of Extended Contact Isolation; Top-Hand release finish (optional extra) Round 3: Around the zone with extra cheese Note the finish of each swing in round 3. Totally up to you if you want to do this method, remembering the Laser Strap is not, "swing prejudice;" instead of predetermining follow through you can let the contact zone determine the outcome. Aha! Did you just have a Eureka moment for hitting mechanics? Once again the Laser Strap works to improve bat speed and power for any swing method. So you can swing any way you like and still see excellent results. Use with any drill; we are simply showing examples to inspire your practice regime.Posted by thehittingproject.com on Friday, August 4, 2017